SARL DE BONHEUR – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The present Terms and Conditions apply to sales concluded between “Au Soleil du Bonheur”, (or: “bed and breakfast”, “owner”, or “host”), and the client (or: “guest”).
By making a booking with “Au Soleil du Bonheur”, the customer confirms that he /she has read, understoods and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions prior to making a booking.
The general terms and conditions are inextricably linked to every reservation and the acceptance of these general terms and conditions is therefore mandatory for the initiation of the reservation.
Each booking confirmation results in the complete and unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The rates are expressed in euros and to be paid in euros.
- All rates include VAT. Any change in the VAT rate is automatically passed on to the guest at the time of invoicing. This same rule applies to the introduction or modification of all legal or reglementary tax measures introduced by the relevant authorities.
- Rates only include the services as shown at the time of booking.
- On top of the rate indicated in the reservation, all extras and additional services provided by the bed and breakfast will be added to the invoice. As well as the tourist tax which is calculated based on the actual cost and according to the rate at the time of invoicing.
- Seasonal rates: The room vary per season. The prevailing price is indicated at the time of making the reservation.
- The owner is free to adjust the rates at any time. The applicable rates are the rates applicable on the day of the reservation and contractually agreed in the reservation confirmation..
Terms of payment
- Except for special bookings (tour operators, travel agents, OTA), full payment of all services must be paid directly to the SARL Au Soleil du Bonheur.
- If a deposit applies at the time of booking, this amount will be indicated in the special conditions of the reservation.
- The remainder of the booking amount will be paid at the time of the stay in accordance with the payment terms and currency accepted by the owner.
- Valid methods of payment are: cash, bank and credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro) or bank transfer. SARL Au Soleil du Bonheur does not accept payment by bank cheques and/or holiday vouchers.
Conditions of reservation
- To make the reservation final, the customer needs to provide his credit card details (cardholder name, card number, expiration date and security code). The transfer of these credit card details will be done encrypted and secured.
- In the case of a standard reservation (to be cancelled and/or changed under special conditions) a deposit will be paid at the time of booking and the remainder balance will be paid at the time of stay, directly to the owner. The amount of deposit is indicated in the booking confirmation.
- In the case of a reservation marked as “not to be cancelled”, “without refund”, “no change option” the total amount of the stay must be paid directly to the owner at the time of the reservation.
- In all cases, a reservation is only final after receiving the payment and a sent confirmation of this reservation by SARL Au Soleil du Bonheur. In case a client reserves multiple rooms, the credit card used at the time of booking will serve as warranty for all the reserved rooms. The guests of all the reserved rooms are jointly responsible for the total payment due to the owner at check-out.
In accordance with the provisions of article L.121-21-8 12 of the french “code de la Consommation” no right of withdrawal will be granted by Au Soleil du Bonheur regarding any reservation for overnight services.
- A booking modifaction is any change to the original reservation requested by the customer (room type, services, number of guests, dates…), however is never an annulation.
- Reservations classified as “non-cancellable”, “non-refundable” and “non-changeable”, cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- Requests for change will only be considered in case of availability and agreement of the owner. Under no circumstances modifications will lead to a refund or change in the reservation amount regardless of change of room type, services and/or change in dates.
- The booking change is only final after the confirmation of this change sent by the owner by e-mail or (in the absence of e-mail) has been received by the customer by post.
- In case of late arrival or earlier departure, the total cost of the stay will remain the same as the cost as stated in the booking confirmation. No refund will be made in case of these reasons.
Reservations classified as “non-cancellable”, “non-refundable” and “non-changeable” can under no circumstances be cancelled.
Under these conditions, the cancellation policy is as follows:
To cancel a reservation, the customer must submit a request by e-mail (email@example.com) or by post. The cancellation becomes effective once confirmed by the owner who will indicate the conditions by e-mail (or, in the specific case of failing any e-mail address, confirmed by post).
Cancellation costs, except for deviation by owner or due to force majeure (“Force Majeur”) as explained below, are as follows:
- More than 45 days prior to arrival: no cancellation costs
- Between 45 and 7 days before arrival date: 50% of the total amount of the stay, including VAT
- Less than 7 days prior to arrival / No Show / Early departure: 100% of the total amount of the stay, including VAT
The total ammount of the stay, as mentioned above, is specified in the booking confirmation.
The cancellations costs mentioned above will be acquired as a penalty clause by the owner and can not be opposes by the client.
The client is informed that Au Soleil du Bonheur does not offer any cancellation insurance and the client should consider a cancellation insurance by himself.
Refund / Payment of cancellation fees
- In the event of a cancellation leading to a refund from the owner, the paid deposit is either refunded to the client within a maximum period of 15 days from the date of cancellation, or transformed into a credit note (voucher) valid for 12 months, at the client’s choice.
- If the cancellation, no-show or modification of a reservation leads to the client’s liability in accordance with the above conditions, the client consents to pay the owner the due amount wihtin a maximum period of 15 days from the date of cancellation
- Au Soleil du Bonheur will withdraw the total amount due, or the balance due, from the client’s credit card which information has been provided at the time of reservation.
- In case the withdrawal is not possible, for whatever reason (no data available, expired card, etc.) the customer is held responsible for the payment by bank transfer within 15 days.
- In the event of the customer’s default, the owner is entitled to file a lawsuit in order to reach a friendly or legal arrangement at the expense of the customer.
Overmacht “Force Majeure”
- If the cancellation occurs due to ‘force majeure’, there will be no charge. Except in the case of a reservation classified as “non-cancelable”, “non-changeable”, “non refundable”.
- In accordance with the provisions of Article 1148 of the French Civil Code. “Force Majeure” refers to any situation that is not related to all parties and which is at the same time unpredictable and insurmountable, which prevents the client or owner’s from fulfilling any or all contractual obligations.
- Excluded: any circumstances due to a personal situation (illness, loss or expired travel documents, legal or family obligations), public recommendations without mandatory character, cancellation or relocation of an event for which the reservation was made, disruption of transport or meteorological malfunction.
- The customer is responsible for himself and the persons in his party (persons for whom he has custody and responsiblity) to respect the, during the length of his stay, internal rules of Au Soleil du Bonheur, to respect the peace of the house and the environment and to adhere to the public rules and accepted norms and values.
- Chambres et Table d’Hôtes de charme Au Soleil du Bonheur is a non-smoking establishment. It is stricty forbidden tot smoke inside any of the buildings and /or guest rooms and /or at the terraces outside. We reserve the right to charge you a fee of € 195 excluding VAT for cleaning costs, if you nevertheless may have been smoking inside ons of our buildings or guest rooms
- The owner denies any responsibility in case of theft of goods or objects, except if they have been entrusted to be kept by the Bed & Breakfast and upon delivery of a signed receipt.
- Our bed & breakfast is aimed at adults. Pets as well as childeren under 16 years old are in principle not allowed. The customer has taken note of this before the reservation. The owner had the right to refuse at all times pets as well as children below 16 years old.
Any claim in relation with a stay at Au Soleil du Bonheur must be adressed within 30 days following departure, and by registered mail, under threat of foreclosure, tot the following adress: SARL Au Soleil du Bonheur – 6, Allée du Grand Jardin – 84190 LAFARE (FRANCE)
The present terms and conditions are submitted to French law and the jurisdiction of the Tribunal de Commerce of Villefranche-Tarare.
- The data required at the time of booking is necessary for the proper processing of the application
- This information has for sole recipients the Bed & Breakfast concerned by the request for reservation and its intermediairs or providers. This communication can only take place if it is compatible with the execution of the operations transferred to chambres d’hotes Au Soleil du Bonheur, under the aforementioned conditions and necessary for the processing of the reservation contract and its follow-up.
- Pursuant to Act. L.78-17 from January 6, 1978, the client is informed that information of a nominative nature communicated to Au Soleild du Bonheur is computer processed, and this unless explicit opposition from the clients side.
- The client has the right, at any time, to access, modify or supress any data by contact Au Soleil du Bonheur at firstname.lastname@example.org